Council is calling for expressions of interest for membership on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group (the Group).
The Group will represent stakeholders, such as family members and the local community, in ongoing discussions regarding Council-controlled cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley.
The Group will be an advisory group whose main functions will include:
- Raising ideas, concerns and potential solutions relating to local cemeteries
- Considering and providing feedback on cemetery maintenance works and future projects
To be eligible for membership on the Group, nominees from the community will:
- Reside or work within, or be closely affiliated with, the Lockyer Valley Regional Council local government area.
- Have strong community links and knowledge
- Be committed to working positively in partnership with Lockyer Valley Regional Council to achieve positive outcomes
- Represent broad community interests rather than personal interests.
How to apply
- Download and complete a Public Submission Form from the Document Library on the right, AND;
- Lodge it with Council by close of business (COB) Wednesday 24 April 2019 via any of the options below:
- Upload in the Submit Application section on the right, OR;
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Friends of the Cemeteries Group, OR;
- Post to Lockyer Valley Regional Council, PO Box 82, Gatton, Qld 4343, OR;
- Take to one of Customer Service Centres
For more information on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group please contact Council by calling 1300 005 872 or emailing CETeam@lvrc.qld.gov.au.